Monday, August 17, 2009

I love the Olds Peoples

I don't even know how I'm related to this person, but this message was from Henrietta to my great-aunt Ann. Both ladies are in their 90s. The wedding Henrietta is referring to is my Dad's - he got married this weekend. He's 72.

I just know you are going to have a good time at
the wedding. Does his family like the new Step=mother. My little neighbor just
came over to see me and she is practically blind but so kind and her sister who
lives with her is 90 but the one that come over is just getting over the Flu and
she brought me over a piece of Icecream cake and some chocolate
cookies. She was a Nurse but only worked for a Dr. all those years and to be
honest with you if anyone ever asked her anything about any cold or any simple
question she was never capable of answering it - she would admit she just dont
know. Most of my other nurse friends would give a person a suggestion what to
do. I met her at the front door and she said here I will take this to the
kitchen for you I said O.K. follow me so you dont fall and shut the door so it
wont get hot in the house. I have four new A/C's on this floor - we have to have
the window ones all these years because we have Steam Heat. But Rosemary she
said Oh no I am not staying. She sat down on a chair right in front the A/C and
I knew it was a very cold spot to sit at so I turned off the A/C about 30
minutes later I told her I just had to turn it on because I was getting very
short of breath -and about that time a big clap of thunder came to my rescue so
she decided to leave before she got wet. My Icecream was half melted and
went on the cookies . ha ha I sure dont sound very grateful -but I do appreciate
having them for my neighbors all these years since we lived here. She is
85 If Ann reads this she will say thats the Red Hair Temper
flaring in Omaha or the Irish sounding off. ha ha Oh well she is a kind
little person but I think age and being blind is hard on her. Well I blew
off steam long enough dear.-Thanks for writing Sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment