Monday, July 06, 2009

I already am

I *am* the 40-year-old my 30-year-old self wanted me to be.
I live in New York. I'm going PR for a major airline. I own my apartment.
Now that I think about it, I'm exceeding my 20-year-old self's expectations.
(note: I never NEVER expected to be married, let alone have kids - so on that score I'm even)

So now I'm 40, having exceeded my wildest expectations, and I'm thinking, What do I want for my 60-year-old self?

Whoa.

So here goes:

Unless I hit the lottery (again - only literally this time), I'm thinking I want to run a little business by the beach. Or in the mountains. Somewhere off the grid. Except I want internet. And the little business?

> Could be a little cafe.
> Could be a B&B.
> Could be I just save every penny I make an retire without needing to work!

Ok - so I've always thought I'd end up in Italy, but lately, I'm thinking Central or South America. OMG I could retire now on my savings for 2 years and figure out what I want to do if I went to Latin America. (Nevermind the frigging politics in Hondorus, ok?)

So I have a little project for the next couple of months! First - start traveling the region, then settle on a place. And then: buy real estate.

Yay for projects!

1 comment:

  1. I love your 60-year-old self note! I just recently (a few days ago) decided I will live healthfully til at least 95, so that means I can relax and enjoy now so much more knowing I can space stuff out! Hahaha!

    My 42-year-old self is doing good. I can't share my specifics for the next two years because they're funny personal. Ha!

    Merry Christmas, dear sweet smart funny Jenny. :)

    ReplyDelete