Monday, October 06, 2008

the kitchen....

The kitchen is a mess. A hot tranny mess.
Yup - this is it. The whole thing. Several great ideas to renovate, including going with a 2-burner cooktop instead of a range and having an under-counter fridge under the cooktop. (Back to the college dorm, anyone?)
I'll have to rip out the cabinets and install a microwave/convection oven. This is going to be a problem because those cabinets are only 12 inches deep. The microwave will jut out quite a bit. I guess I can match the depth below but I'm not sure if that's going to make any difference whatsoever.
Tried switching the sink and cooktop and extending a narrow countertop (12 inches) along the long wall, but that's not going to work either. I'll have to go with narrow plate racks along that wall and some kind of open pantry shelves or something. I'll have more storage above the microwave but I just realized I don't have to keep any of my oven-pots and pans. Just my sauce pans for the cooktop. So (one) problem solved!


No comments:

Post a Comment