Friday, September 09, 2005

Getting your S*** together

Well... it took long enough, but the Feds finally got their S*** together and put the smack down on news media. Bad bad bad. I'm tempted to credit Karl Rove with this - and he actually may have had a part of this, seeing as how Andrews Air Force Base has been closed to media since the "War on Terrorism" in Iraq started. No more pictures of dead soldiers. And now, apparently, no more pictures of dead bodies in the Gulf States, either.
Let's review the Constitition:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.


Ok - so the reasonable question is this: Do the American people need to see pictures of dead bodies in order to understand the situation in the Gulf States?
Well... considering the view of 609 Americans polled by CNN, the average Joe Sixpack American doesn't know who to "blame" for the possibly avoidable consequences of the levees failure.

I don't feel the need to blame anyone. I know who is to blame. I know what is to blame. I feel the need to make sure those who are homeless are given real homes, not shelters; I feel the need to give money to trusted organizations like the Red Cross; I feel the need to join organizations that knew the value of organizing and supporting the poor far before I did, and I hope they welcome me; and I feel the need to call for a full investigation of the government response.

The only person who was fired for 9/11 was Bill Maher.

I swear to God - President Bush and his posse, the Governor of Louisiana and the Mayor of New Orleans will answer for this.

And shame on fema.gov for showcasing a fricking debit card on their home page. These people really are clueless. YUCK.

1 comment:

  1. The debit card is only a pilot being tried out in Texas. It's not available in Austin and likely won't be.

    ReplyDelete