Sunday, September 11, 2005

The WTC Lights are On


2003 Photo courtesy of Webshots
The Twin Lights are on. I can see them from my desk in the corporate apartment. Late tonight, I'll go up to the roof on the 33rd floor and look at them. Then I'll turn around and look at the Empire State Building, which has been capped all weekend in red, white and blue lights. But tonight, it's dark.







I went to Strawberry Fields today and just sat quietly, writing in my journal. I expected some political types - maybe petitioners against something or for something, but it was pretty quiet. Lots of families, lots of tourists. Lots of older couples. Everyone stopped and looked at the famous mosiac with "Imagine" in the middle. There are NYPD barricades surrounding the mosiac, but they aren't anchored down, so some tourists carefully stepped closer to get a better shot. No one minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment